Leidos Corporate has an immediate opening for a Business Development (BD) Systems Lead in Reston, VA.
This position is responsible for developing requirements, performing testing, and providing training at the enterprise level in support of corporate Business Development (BD) processes, programs, and policies, including the Leidos Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, WinIt, which is based on Microsoft Dynamics. The Lead must understand both internal BD policies and the technical aspects of the tools used to track and report on BD metrics for the company. The Lead functions independently and frequently leads or functions as a subject matter expert (SME) on BD procedures and tools as a part of cross-functional teams, including teams that have representation from line organizations (Operation and Group) and corporate functions (including IT, HR, Contracts, and Program Execution). The position routinely interacts with all levels of management within the Group and Corporate functions in support of BD operations, ensuring accuracy of reports and data. The Lead maintains and improves data quality by completing system, compliance, and surveillance audits, and investigating issues. The Lead works to achieve long term and day-to-day objectives with significant and high visibility impact on Leidos BD operations and the BD community. This position requires knowledge of and interaction between and among multiple BD systems and tools, mostly Microsoft Applications and tools, such as Dynamics, , SharePoint, Power BI, and Excel; and to a lesser extent, Salesforce.
- Manage and own the strategic roadmap of projects that enable user friendly actionable intelligence for Business Development.
- Identify new requirements for BD systems and tools through interviews, problem reports, and help desk requests. Recommend new solutions, tools, processes, policies, and/or standards, and work with IT to optimize implementation. Schedule and prioritize functionality for upcoming releases. Present to the WinIt Configuration Control Board (CCB) for acceptance and document the results.
- Develop and perform testing (e.g., functionality, exception, regression, performance) for new and modified features of BD systems and tools. Document results and report to management for acceptance/go live memos.
- Review and analyze corporate BD metrics in support of BD executives and BD performance objectives.
- Develop training materials , teach classes and hold clinics on using the Leidos CRM System, Winit/Dynamics. Tailor training according to user needs, which may range from Senior Account Executives to capture managers to BD analysts.
- Understand and reinforce Leidos BD policy and procedures related to WinIt and Win Plan.
- Develop and update documentation for requirements, announcements, Quick Reference Guides (QRC), Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), etc. for BD&S systems and tools. Post content on Leidos’ internal collaborative intranet site, Prism.
- In WinIt/Dynamics, create custom dashboards, views, charts, reports for individual and organization use. Use reports and views in Winit/Dynamics to analyze data and trends.
- Present data using Power BI or similar visualization tool.
- Manage access to Power BI reports
- Monitor system operation, looking for outages and issues, and work with IT to troubleshoot.
- Manage WinIt/Dynamics licenses and license allocations across the enterprise. Approve new license and modification requests.
- Bachelor Degree in science, engineering or business area plus at least 12 years of relevant experience working for a government contractor. An associate’s degree or additional years of experience in lieu of a bachelor degree is also acceptable.
- Knowledge and at least 2 years of experience with Leidos’ Winit or Microsoft Dynamics, including creation and analysis of reports, views, charts, dashboards, and identification of requirements.
- At least 2 years of experience developing training materials and providing training.
- At least 2 years of experience with requirements identification and documentation.
- At least 2 years of experience conducting and developing software testing, and/or maintaining Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Knowledge of Leidos Win Plan.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, particularly experience with creation of pivot tables and templates.
- Understanding or experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to simplify and communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- 5-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to develop basic reports in Microsoft Power BI or similar data visualization tools.
- Understanding and experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tool.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.