- Investigate suspected instances of fraud, waste and abuse, data spills, and network penetrations.
- Investigate and eradicate computer viruses and malicious code.
- Provide computer incident and violation response support, and cyber security awareness and training.
- Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to computer security and vulnerabilities.
- Develop and deliver reports and briefings.
- Evaluate system and program security vulnerabilities; develop procedures and countermeasures that protect operations.
- Incorporate all security disciplines; recommend and develop requirements, specifications, designs, and procedures that satisfy program security policy and planning guidance.
- Monitor implementation of security requirements for Government and Industry facilities and systems.
- uses a variety of forensics and intrusion detection tools to conduct forensic examination activities including assisting in the analysis of various types of networks, computer and technology devices which may contain digital evidence.
- Provide computer incident and violation response support and will participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to computer security, protection against malware, and other vulnerabilities.
- Investigate alerts identified by various security appliances and review audit logs to determine if an incident has occurred.
- Use best practices to document and preserve digital evidence for legal proceedings.
All applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance and agree to undergo a Polygraph examination to be considered for this position.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related science field preferred. A minimum of 5 years' experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Security fundamentals or general IT. Additional relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
Years of experience:
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience working in a client/server environment. The applicant should have knowledge in the proper use of computer forensics and security compliance tools, and experience conducting network-based incident investigations.
- Applicant should have experience with Guidance Software toolsets to include EnCase Forensics and EnCase Enterprise and have demonstrated understanding of client/server architecture and TCP/IP protocols.
- Applicant should have knowledge of modern Windows Server platforms and desktop operating systems.
- Applicant should have experience maintaining "chain of custody" by following standard rules of digital evidence.
- Candidate should have an in-depth working knowledge in DOD and IC intelligence regulations, be familiar with intelligence oversight principles, must possess superior writing and briefing skills, and be capable of providing polished analysis documentation.
- Understand how various attacks work at the memory and register level.
- Experienced with UNIX/Linux operating systems and various programming and scripting languages are desired.
- Experienced utilizing Microsoft SQL server, BindView, ArcSight, and Carbon Black would be beneficial.
- Proficiency using MS-Office tool suite is desired, as is knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite applications and uses.
- Prior experience with network intrusion is desired.
- Experience authoring and executing plans and programs at the headquarters or agency level is beneficial.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.