At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
A program on our Defense team is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support C5ISR prototyping efforts to design and fabricate communications components to be used in complex systems such as military shelters, aircraft, and ground vehicles. In this role, the Engineer will set up and conduct cable test activities, and interface with the project team, to include CAD designers and technicians, throughout the design process.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related scientific/technical discipline with 4+ years of experience
- Strong background in design of power distribution systems, electrical circuits, and network cables
- Experience in signal design
- Must possess the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of hardware electrical circuit design, development and documentation
- Must possess the technical expertise to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- U.S. Citizen/ability to obtain Interim Secret Clearance prior to start date
- Perform fundamental engineering duties in electrical design efforts, to include development, integration, testing, measuring, and performing systems analyses and/or simulations for a variety of mobile platforms.
- Apply standard engineering practices and techniques in engineering assignments and prepares data and documentation.
- Refine conceptual designs into complete TDPs, incorporating the appropriate connectors, cables and wiring to meet design criteria.
- Research, design, develop, modify, evaluate and test a variety of electronic equipment and systems.
- Provide guidance on material purchasing to support fabrication and systems integration efforts
- Assist CAD designers in the development of electrical designs of products
- Collaborate with electronics technicians as required
- Hands-on design and prototyping experience
- Experience with RF design
- ECAD tools and methodologies
- The ability to anticipate and resolve problems in manufacturing, assembly, installation and operation while still while in the design process.
- Experience related to design, development and production of military C5ISR equipment
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.