Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Senior Cryptographic Systems Engineer to join our team supporting Cryptographic Modernization (CryptoMod) initiatives within our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Hybrid Remote- Candidate must be local to the San Diego, CA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings, requirements of position and other contract requirements.
This project provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio. As a senior member of the Systems Engineering team, you would be responsible for the release requirements, system technical integrity and associated documentation in support of new features and new product releases. In this position you can expect to be working with hands-on applications and system configurations including move, add and change work, preventive maintenance, and performance optimization for Cryptographic hardware and systems.
- Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio.
- Designing, engineering, and consulting with business stakeholders and vendors on requirements and supporting solutions.
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to perform an analysis of alternatives and to provide suggested solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Gather information on specific missions and service needs and provide inputs to specifications to provide to infrastructure and end cryptographic unit development programs.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by future development and test teams.
- Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-13 years of system engineering experience.
- US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work site
- Demonstrated knowledge of Key Management Infrastructure and Cryptographic Product modernization initiatives.
- Experience in requirements decomposition.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex engineering evaluations (e.g., Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Courses of Action (CoAs), Trade Studies, or Engineering Assessments) and/or developing complex technical correspondence and documents to record results.
- Ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
Familiarity with System Architecture development and description concepts including:
- Descriptive framework including DoDAF
- Architecture development and system modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Design refinement with workflows and use cases
- Architecture forms including centralized, client-server, distributed, virtualized, and cloud based
Understanding of Cryptographic Key Management based on EKMS and KMI:
- COMSEC Operations and Accountability
- Transfer, receipt, accounting, inventory, reconciliation, and reporting
- Warehouse operations, receiving, distribution, reporting, and automation
Detailed knowledge of Networking and Interface technologies including:
- Web services including RESTful and SOAP
- Documentation with IETF/RFCs
Understanding of Security requirements and implementation including:
- Windows and Unix security architectures
- Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates, revocation checking, cert validation
- Cryptographic mechanisms such as SHA, HMAC, Elliptic Curve, and quantum resistance approaches
- Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
- Security frameworks adhering to STIGs, RMF
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.