Experienced Civil-Site Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our site/civil department in our growing Orlando Florida office to work on a variety of electric utility projects. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design engineering for both large and small scale utility projects. Candidates who have commercial/industrial site development experience will also be considered for the position.
This position will ideally be staffed at the Leidos office in Orlando, FL. However, the following locations will also be considered for this position:
- Portland, OR
- Chicago, IL
- Hendersonville, TN
- Novi, MI
- Framingham, MA
- Charlotte, NC
- Land development permitting including NPDES, stormwater management, and knowledge of other typical local, state, and/or federal regulations and permit requirements
- Research additional site data through various sources
- Site layout, grading, and drainage design
- Stormwater modeling and design
- Erosion and sediment control design
- Access road design
- Utility coordination and design
- Retaining wall layout and design
- Documentation of all supporting calculations
- Quantity take-offs
- Construction drawings
- Construction specifications
- Construction observation and field engineering
- Coordination and collaboration with other design disciplines
Required Experience & Education:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer with 4-6 years of directly applicable civil-site design experience
- P.E. license required
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software (preferred) and/or MicroStation OpenSite Designer software (considered)
- Experience with Hydraflow, ICPR, and various other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling & design programs
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other general software tools
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Able to execute projects and handle clients successfully with limited supervision
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.