Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is seeking an object-oriented Lead C++ Developer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team in support of our cross-platform applications. You will be leading a small-to-medium sized development team (3-7 people) tasked with integrating our diverse set of products with a state-of-the-art networking platform.
The preference is for this individual to be local to St Petersburg FL and work a hybrid schedule, willing to come onsite as needed. Full remote is negotiable, based on experience.
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill software development – you’ll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software and server solutions in adherence with our Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products
- Operate as technical lead on software development team, including prioritizing and delegating tasks, reviewing pull requests, keeping team members on schedule and motivated, and providing SME-level knowledge of products and SDLC principles to multiple levels of leadership.
- Utilize object-oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable
- Collaborate with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Scientists, and other internal stakeholders to develop systems that are consistent with customer requirements and are adaptable to enterprise solutions
- Ensure the code base is testable and able to be refactored in the future
- Participate in code reviews on a regular basis
- Proactively lead group design discussions
- Report project status and issues to management and customer as required
- Evaluate customer problems, troubleshoot and assist Field Service Engineers, and help customers through problem resolution utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills
- Influence architectural decisions and product road maps
- BS Degree and 4+ years of overall programming experience
- Strong experience in product development experience in C++
- Must have strong object-oriented design skills (OOD).
- Experience using Agile methodologies and practices, including DevOps.
- Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation.
- Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills.
- Must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a cross-functional development team environment.
- Experience leading small teams, providing guidance, daily objectives, and communicating any issues with upper management
Our St. Petersburg Office is a fast-paced and collaborative environment, just steps away from white sand beaches ranked #1 in US and Top 5 worldwide by TripAdvisor! We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, flexible work arrangements, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.