Keeping sensitive law enforcement and intelligence data secure is a key mission for the FBI. We are seeking a candidate to support the FBI’s cross domain system (CDS) that facilitates secure access to sensitive data. The candidate will join a small team charged that is responsible for providing Operations & Maintenance support on existing CDS systems. The support activities will include deployment of new systems, integration of new technologies and services, and troubleshooting data flows by applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. This includes providing immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
It is important to note that this position is part of a team that supports 24 X 7 X 365 continuous presence at one of three (3) designated FBI processing facilities.
- Manage systems in a VMWare environment
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software updates
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems
- Resolve system problems by analyzing the problem for resolution paths, implementing solutions, and/or working with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within required response times
- Run scripts to gather production system metrics and statistics
- Set-up/maintain user accounts
- Support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- Experience working on a team and helping team member’s complete tasks in support of IT systems.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Linux system administration experience demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration, installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable termination in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, follow written instructions or technical guides, and able to prioritize tasks to maintain, deploy of IT systems.
- Ability to provide and support data center activities including, but not limited to, rack and stacking equipment, pull cable, and terminating cables.
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management processes, which may include updating technical documentation.
- Demonstrate good judgement and written/verbal communications.
- The candidate hired for this role must be able to lift up to 35lbs multiple times on a daily basis.
Depending on experience and/or preference may be called on to support the following efforts:
- Experience in testing complex IT systems.
- Experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities.
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration, specifically the installation, configuration, and management of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux systems.
- Experience with system hardening (STIGS).
- Experience with or familiarity with Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles)
- Experience in networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds, backup/restore.
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Small scale development of script level routines: languages (shell script, Perl)
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.