SUMMARY: Under general direction, the Customs-Traffic Import/Export Administrator is the responsible and knowledgeable individual through which the Global Trade Compliance & Global Traffic activity is managed to meet on-time deliveries. This role will maintain import and export compliance procedures and program documentation, including product export classification and regulatory jurisdiction; licensing and administration; restricted party screening; Customs; import and export documentation; anti-boycott reporting; trade data points including HTS classification, country of origin and FTA determination, valuation, etc.; broker and forwarder management; record-keeping; audits and training. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but is not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring effective import and export compliance at multiple business units falling under assigned scope, in accordance with U.S. and international Customs, import and export laws and regulations and Leidos’ Corporate Customs, Import and Export compliance policies and procedures.
- Provides import/export compliance guidance on the requirements and obligations of exporting/importing under the Export Administration (EAR) regulations to various functional departments including: Business Development, Sales, Contracts, Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving and Security.
- Responsible for the rating and routing of inbound and outbound international shipments.
- Performs Global Trade Compliance import/export authority and compliance reviews for all shipments.
- Ensure all requirements are met prior to the use of an Exception under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), to include recordkeeping and reporting.
- Responsible for managing export/import activity and preparing Customs paperwork.
- Provides Customs import entry and export instructions to freight forwarders and Customs Brokers.
- Files Electronic Export Information (EEI) via Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Prepares documentation for export/import approval with supporting documentation to include the analysis of shipping quotes, method of shipping, the necessary bonds, permits, import licensing, tariffs, Dangerous Goods, ECCN, equipment classification, Carnets, foreign agent and custom clearances as required.
- Manage and maintain export and import transactional files and records in accordance with U.S. Government regulations and Company policies.
- Supports Global Trade Compliance transactional post-audit and assessment corrective action and follow-up verification for all imports/exports.
- Creates management reports and metrics of import/export activities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and/or working experience in Global Trade and Logistics, Export Administration Regulations, U.S. Customs Regulations, and Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations; able to apply technical knowledge of regulations to business transactions
- Relevant college degree or some college with entry level work experience in related field
- Understanding of product technologies, recordkeeping/regulatory requirements and air, ocean and ground based logistics.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, detail oriented with a strong bias for action.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Familiarity with Incoterms
- Familiarity with US Import/Export Regulations; Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Familiarity with auditing 3rd Party vendors (Freight forwarder, carrier, brokers)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: equires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.