The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Database Architect to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- Leads data analysis, database design, develop Logical and Physical Data Models, including Relational and Dimensional Models, prepare Mapping documents with all the transformation logics, BI Objects, Data Quality Rule creation/ enforcement, etc.
- Write DDL script to create/update database structures supporting Oracle and Redshift either manually or through erwin, ability to tune database performance.
- Analyzes multi-data mart system integration opportunities and challenges. Proposes and communicates recommended solutions. Recommends testing methodologies for the proposed design.
- Works individually and with peers to perform metadata management across erwin, Oracle, Redshift, Informatica and MicroStrategy.
- Develops, documents, and maintains data architecture-related standards and documentations.
- Responsible for supporting planning activities and supporting the on schedule delivery of milestone and deliverables.
- Must possess effective oral and written skills and strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. Must be a team player able to work in a dynamic environment and have a working knowledge of the SDLC and the associated processes and documentation.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Specific Experience: Must possess at least 3 years of recent hands-on architecting data warehouse solutions. Prefer experience implementing solutions in an Informatica 10x, MicroStrategy (2019 or higher), Oracle (10g or higher), and Redshift environment with a strong background in SQL commands/ functions/ Procedures and database data modeling tools similar to erwin, source to target mapping tools similar to erwin Mapping Manager.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.