Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team of engineers, analysts, and task leaders in providing technical support to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Emergency Communications Division (ECD) for the national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunication Services (PTS) Program. This is a newly-funded task being activated on a long-standing, Leidos Prime Program.
Hybrid Remote- Candidate must be local to the Vienna, VA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings, requirements of position and other contract requirements.
Supporting the ECD mission, the Systems Engineer will also be interacting with other Government contractors and US communications services providers to provide engineering analysis of the future technologies and solutions for priority communications over current and next generation wireline and wireless networks for services such as priority voice over IP (VoIP), data, video, and information services.
- Requirements Analysis, System Architecting, Systems Engineering, Data Architectures Analysis, and Systems and Operational Performance Analysis.
- Analyze service provider deliverables (solution design documents, test plans, etc.) and provide customer feedback and recommendations
- Develop and execute test cases / scenarios for service requirement verification
- End products may be technical documents, reports, white papers and briefings for Leidos’ ECD customers
- Involves participation in virtual and in-person meetings with Leidos team and Government staff.
- Produces solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious and timely manner
- Makes presentations to colleagues and Government customers on an occasional basis
- Works independently or as part of a technical team, in support of systems engineering projects
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an Engineering field (Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred) with 4-8 years overall engineering experience or Master’s degree with 2-6 years overall engineering experience
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain clearance
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work site
- Must be able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Demonstrated experience in modern wireless (cellular, fixed wireless, wifi) and/or wireline communication networks and systems; technologies such as Long-Term Evolution (LTE), 5th Generation Wireless Networks and Internet Protocol (IP) Multimedia Subsystem (IMS); and services such as VoIP, Data and Video
- Interact well with a team, positive attitude, good verbal and written communications skills, and strong self-initiative
- MS Office proficiency
- No initial clearance needed to start the program; however, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Some software development experience
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC)
- Broadband cable provider experience
- Familiarity with network testing and trace analysis tools
- Familiarity with communications standards and specifications (3GPP, ATIS, etc.)
- Coursework involving communication networks, Internet Protocol (IP), and an understanding of information security
- Knowledge or experience with some of the following is an advantage: Product Lifecycle Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Product Testing, Risk Analysis, VoIP, wireless technologies, next generation networks, industry standards development organizations, cellular networks, cable/wireline broadband communication
- Experience with, or training in, systems modeling
- Experience with network testing and protocol analyzer tools
- Familiarity with SharePoint development/maintenance
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.