Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team who will be working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline. EIDs will reduce training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions. There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced.
E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g., maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting, and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
Senior Systems Engineer responsibilities:
• Technical planning, system hardware-software design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
• Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability, and analyses for total systems.
• Performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
• Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
• Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
• Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
• Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation.
• Develops solutions that are highly innovative and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
• Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
• Works to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, and their application across range of programs.
• Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and a minimum of 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Experience in the use of Cameo System Modeler
• Experience in A/SSS and/or B/SRS level Formal Test Programs
• Experience in ownership of requirement baseline
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer therefore US Citizenship is required
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.