The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer Controller Area Network/Local Area Network (CAN/LAN) to support our government customer’s global enterprise networks. The Network Engineer will provide engineering solutions for modernizing the network while supporting service delivery for customer requirements in a mission-focused operational enterprise.
The Network Engineer CAN/LAN will be responsible to:
- Interpret customer requirements and apply standard engineering design approaches for network design and delivery.
- Fully design and document CAN/LAN networks with diagrams, bill of materials, cabling sheets, configurations, and other supporting engineering documents.
- Evaluate new technologies and capabilities through testing in a lab environment. Deploy these capabilities to production networks and migrate user traffic.
- Provide technical expertise to operations engineers and technicians.
- Supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network services.
- Develop and improve design products, processes, and systems.
- Network engineering and design experience specific to Campus Area and Local Area Networks. Experience should include application of industry standards, developing configurations, and integration of solutions into production environments. Experience with Cisco routers and switches, Brocade switches, and Juniper routers and switches desired.
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols and the ability to demonstrate knowledge through briefings and documentation. Extensive BGP experience a plus. CCNP or equivalent knowledge desired.
- Initiative and discipline to work unsupervised as part of a network engineering team. Experience establishing process, developing documents, and organizing repositories a plus.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
- Experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or Multicast protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
- Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.