The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Network Optimization Engineer to support the various service owners on current network configuration and future upgrades. This position will provide engineering services to projects that involve networks. The network optimization engineer will design, maintain, monitor and analyze multiple customer WAN and LAN networks to ensure network bandwidth and port capacity to meet customer metrics. This position will be responsible to participate in new network configurations and integration into existing networks to maintain optimal performance.
The Network Optimization Engineer will be responsible to:
- Develop and implement methodologies for analysis, documentation, and reporting on the various networks. Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders.
- Analyze the current performance of systems and networks.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the client’s engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to eliminate impact on network performance, and improve survivability, and provide feedback to the network engineers.
- Use complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies.
- Generate reports and data required by Program Team to manage complex networks.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Must have 16 years of related experience that can be a combination of work history and education
- Extensive experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
- Experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- Experience with OPNET, WANDL, Excel, REDHAT (or similar) and other tools.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing and applying engineering solutions to network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.