The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Core Network Engineer Wide Area Network (WAN) to lead and manage Network design, analysis, installation and support to network communications systems. This position will manage a wide range of engineering duties to include network architecture, monitoring the networks, and enterprise networking.
The Core Network Engineer IPAM will be responsible to:
- Responsible managing and developing the architecture, network engineering, design, lab test support, accreditation and Authentication, Technical documentation creation, and on call Tier III support for Wide Area Networks, Network Timing, Load Balancing.
- Experience of operations related to DNS, IPAM, Load Balancer, and Webproxy services
- Author reports on new network technologies to enhance network capabilities
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs
- Manage software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
- Experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- Extensive knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or Multicast protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Expert level experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.