The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a ServiceNow Designer to provide software engineering support for the customer’s system test and integration lab, and customer software production environment. Provides hand-on support for ServiceNow software engineering assistance and support as needed to on-site administrators supporting the other networking environments.
The ServiceNow Designer will be responsible to:
- Have experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) information security requirements, standards, and best practices; DIACP compliancy with Retina, DISA STIG and IAVA patch management
- Must be able to process and analyze information and ServiceNow calls submitted by a customer (e.g., system administrator, developer, security specialist), make determinations and implement engineering solutions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to perform complex technical tasks.
- Strong writing skills required for preparing documentation and other technical deliverables.
- Have strong UNIX/LINUX experience. Red Hat Certification preferred.
- Experience with Virtualization, VMware, Citrix, and KVM.
- Experience with automated software testing required; Spirent and IXIA preferred.
- Organize and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems
- Conduct capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations
- Increase system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessment
- Determine ServiceNow system needs; analyzes system capabilities, programming techniques and controls
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of ServiceNow software systems and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Maintain servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
- Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups, and monitors systems security
- Performs multiple tasks concurrently and responds to emergency situations effectively
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Must have 10 years of relevant/related work experience that can be a combination of work history and education
- Experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
- Experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or Multicast protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
- Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.