The defense group at Leidos is seeking a Non-Intrusive Inspection System (NIIS) Field Service Technician, Journeyman in support of the IBD-SS program’s
in Jordan. The Field Service Technician will perform maintenance, training, and work
closely with military customers. This position desires an individual who has experience performing mechanical and electronics, on
both the radiation and Backscatter technology systems as well as skills performing installs, de-installs, testing systems and
components, and performing Preventive Maintenance actions on a variety of systems belonging to the Non-Intrusive Inspection
Systems. The successful candidate may be assigned supervisor duties to manage the day-to-day operations of their area or operations
and or other technicians. OCONUS travel will be required to other OCONUS locations.
• Must be capable of performing analyses of system operations
• Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components
• Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components
• Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including hardware configurations; adding, removing,
and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit
schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards
• Performs sustainment and PMCS maintenance on the system and vehicle chassis
• Performs site surveys to determine type and placement of systems
• Installs and de-installs systems and their components and trains operators and end users
• Updates databases, informs Lead of job status and any issues encountered
• Tracks and updates work orders to include the replacement of parts component serial numbers removed and replaced
• May travels via military/commercial conveyances to outlying areas
• Skilled using hand tools, power tools, and electronics measuring and test equipment
• Ability to perform minor maintenance on vehicles and generators such as changing oil and filter
• Must have the ability to generate/produce data and reports
• Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with customers and
• Must be able to withstand physical demands of seasonal hot or cold temperatures and willing to live and operate in an austere
• Must be willing to support up to an 84-hour Extended Work Week
• Possesses a US passport that will not expire for at least 2 or more years and must have at least 4 consecutive blank pages for
• Must be capable of meeting standards of fitness for deployment to the SWA of Operations
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, and be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Relevant and recent experience supporting Force Protection systems is highly desirable
• Experience with Radiation and Backscatter systems
• Experience with other PM FPS Systems to include BETSS-C, Cerberus, Scout, IBD-K, and RDISS
• Ability to train operators in the use and maintenance of NIIS systems
• Experience utilizing COLTS and operating within the GCSS-A environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Import/Export (ITAR/EXIM) compliance experience
• Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong customer service
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively including attention to detail
• BA/BS plus 5-8 + years relevant experience (12 years’ experience in lieu of a degree)
• Radiation Safety Certification Required
• US Secret security clearance required
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.