The Electronic Warfare Division of the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Software Developer in Bowie, MD. The candidate is responsible for development of sensor system software using the C/C++ languages for mission-based systems.
We’re looking for an experienced developer with solid software programming skills who is familiar with agile development techniques and interested in hands-on development responsibilities. Experience with Linux programming and use of GitLab DevOps processes is a plus.
• Development of new C/C++ software applications, components, and packages to support mission-based systems
• Following well defined organizational practices and use of tools to increase ability to deliver applications and services
• Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities
• Working with team members in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines
• Assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing software applications
• Support existing software components and packages to include the troubleshooting of fielded systems in operational environments
• DOD SECRET Clearance with the most recent reinvestigation within the previous six years
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering and more than 4+ years of C/C++ programming
• Demonstrated hands-on development experience with C/C++ programming languages
• Experience with software development targeting Linux applications
• Experience designing, implementing, and testing software for systems running Linux
• Experience with common build tools such as CMake/Make and Bash scripting
• Experience using GIT version control for source code management
• Experience with producing software builds & releases using a combination of above-mentioned tool suites
• Experience with software lifecycle from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing
• Ability to analyze software systems and modules to resolve issues with functionality and/or performance
In addition to the required skill list above, the ideal candidate will have some level of familiarity with one or more of the following skills
• Experience with additional programming languages such as Java or Python
• Experience with unit tests using formal testing frameworks
• Experience with CentOS Version 7 (or higher) Linux distribution
• Experience with use of Linux package management tools
• Experience with transport layer protocols, and networking
• Experience with Boost Library and/or GNU C Library
• Basic understanding of Cyber Security as it relates to the Software Deployment Life Cycle
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.