The Global Mobility Tax and Payroll Manager will provide extensive support for line organizations involved with international contract work, specifically supporting individual expatriate employees. This position will work with third party vendors in multiple countries to administer foreign payrolls. The role will be responsible for establishing new shadow payrolls in emerging global markets and will assist Leidos subsidiaries with integration into existing Leidos payroll processes.
- Serve as an advisor to proposal/capture teams, line management, employees, and other departments regarding home and host country tax implications/issues and pricing for bids and proposals
- Have oversight of Pay Master for specific global entities or in coordination with specific vendors and “home country” payroll offices
- Supervise day-to-day operation and coordination of the Tax Equalization, Non-tax Equalized and Foreign Shadow Payroll programs
- Develop, benchmark, update, interpret and monitor tax policies, procedures, guidelines, training and tools
- Manage and administer special projects, as assigned, to include foreign payroll audits, development of tools, resources, and internal training
- Engage with Line HR to ensure proper support is being provided to Expatriate, Inpatriate, and occasionally Local Country and Third Country National employees
- Coordinate with appropriate Service Delivery partners in preparing and reviewing tax accruals, home and host country tax payments, hypothetical tax withholdings, tax equalization settlements, year-end reporting, etc.
- Lead, coordinate with external vendors, and administer internal Shadow Payroll and individual employee income tax strategy
- Provide contract proposal support through research of host country tax implications, available tax savings, and develop tax cost projections in compliance with corporate-wide pricing and contract requirements
- Develop and deliver tax briefings, service center financial processes and procedures, and other ad hoc training for client stakeholders
- Oversight and management responsibility for administration of split payrolls, trust payroll banking, etc.
- Administer imputed income loads for non-cash expatriate allowance and incentive payments
- Build partnerships and a collaborative environment with a wide range of stakeholders, including but not limited to: Corporate Tax, Legal, Accounting and Payroll
- Identify and promote compliance measures in order to mitigate/contain risk to the company while balancing organizational business needs
- Management and oversight for virtual team of Global Tax Analysts
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years prior relevant experience
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability while solving difficult and complex issues
- Ability to exercise and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to effectively respond to Senior Management and expatriates with tact and diplomacy
- Flexibility, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving
- Requires proficiency in MS Excel to analyze large amounts of complex data
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team in a virtual environment
- Experience managing vendors and 3rd party service providers
- Advance knowledge and skills specific to international taxation and expatriate assignments
- Prior experience with expatriate tax regimes
- CPA is a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.