UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a motivated, experienced, and innovative Senior Accountant to join our Accounting and Business Operations (ABO) team, with main offices located in Virginia, Arizona, Alabama and Tennessee. As a core member of the ABO team, you will be an integral team member in providing critical support in the areas of accounting and financial reporting for our leasing and commercial real estate function. This is a highly visible position providing strong opportunities for advancement. This role will leverage your knowledge in Operational Accounting to provide leadership and guidance to the Corporate and Group Operations team. It will also allow telecommute with potential for in-office engagement and training activities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Accounting and Business Operations will support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Leidos in a collaborative, transformational and inclusive team environment with the goals of optimizing cash flow, delivering accurate financial results, maintain a high standard of transparency and compliance for our stakeholders.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Proactively assist with the monitoring of 600+ active leases
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare monthly lease accounts roll forwards
- Leading functional areas as assigned and supporting other accounting activities as required
- Work collaboratively with employees, vendors, and customers, often in a global environment
- Research and provide fluctuation analysis and explanations for movements in accounts between expected and actual results
- Assist with preparation of disclosures included in the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Providing audit support to internal and external auditors
- Possess the skills to identify issues, and resolve complex accounting matters in a timely manner
- Monitor compliance related to applicable accounting policies, as well as refining policies and procedures and providing guidance on policy application internally or to other departments
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Preparing presentations and providing trainings to the accounting team and other departments.
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects such as department goals and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and minimum 4 years of strong experience in Accounting or Master’s in Accounting degree with a minimum of 2 years strong experience in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability to provide additional support during priority reporting periods
- Knowledge of ASC 842
- Accounting experience within a publicly traded company
- Deltek/Costpoint system experience
- Costar system experience and/or other leasing software experience
- Government contract experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.