Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Lucent 5ESS Controller to become a member of team on the DISA GSM-O program supporting DISA Pacific in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Responsible for Engineering and Design of all Switch equipment for multiple Lucent Technologies 5ESS Multi-Function Switch (MFS) and End Office Switches.
Specific responsibilities to include:
● Responsible for operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Lucent 5ESS platforms including hardware, software, inter-connecting transport facilities and associated ancillary devices.
● Aid in design, procure equipment and manage Switch expansions.
● Utilize tools, such as NetExpert, Remedy, Callware, Read Only Printer, Telnet, and systems such as Lucent 5ESS switching platforms, Tellabs Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) and local applications
● Working knowledge of Tellabs STP (Signaling System 7 Signal Transfer points).
● Detect and identify faults, to include filtering and processing.
● Isolate faults, to include correlation of alarms.
● Correct faults.
● Perform diagnostic testing in coordination with the Government.
● Where Fault Analysis determines the trouble is attributable to infrastructure under GSM-O II control.
● Develop and issue planning report for all 5ESS switches.
● Ensure optimum equipment utilization and efficiency.
● Focus on meeting contract.
● Candidate must have a technical degree and at least 5 years Lucent 5ESS equivalent job experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
● Candidate must have experience with Lucent 5ESS Switches.
● Must be self-motivated and have ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
● Strong Project Management and Communication skills with the ability to work closely with Team members.
● Required - US Military Security Clearance- Secret Level and Security+ CE Certification.
● Willing to work 24/7 schedule
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.