UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
We are in search of a Commercial Manager to join our team
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and in
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Providing commercial support and advice to both team members and other stakeholders through the letting and management of contracts. Ensure that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all commercial work and further the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy LSL requirements
- To contribute to development of coherent LSL/CSS business strategies and ensure effective implementation in order to meet Leidos business objectives while taking account of implications across the business
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business
- Manage self (and staff if appropriate) iaw Leidos HR policies
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the commercial team and the wider project team
- Contracts let in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations – no incidences of legal claims or disputes.
- Effective contract management – obligations met on time and within budget.
- Contract letting plan targets met
- Agreed savings delivered or exceeded against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- Legacy contracts managed iaw Managing Agent Terms
- 100% compliance with Leidos policies and procedures
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.