The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation within the Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Capture Support Manager to lead and support high-performing capture teams, responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the Security Detection market. The successful candidate possesses technical education and related professional experience, resourcefulness, and motivation to join a cohesive, winning team. The position will report to the Director of Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) within the Business Development organization supporting the SES Operation.
The Capture Support Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the execution of the business operation’s overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability of new and existing opportunities and projects. Duties include orchestrating a bid strategy, providing oversight for proposal development, conducting market and competition analysis, and creating, leading, and supporting capture and proposal teams. The selected candidate is responsible for following Leidos corporate processes for business development and capture management. This includes working closely with the responsible business development and marketing lead; Bid and Proposals (B&P) team; maturing an opportunity from identification into capture and proposal phases; assembling and managing a capture team to successfully bid and win contracts; contacting and interfacing with existing and new clients and partners; communicating the organization’s core capabilities; establishing internal and external teaming; and managing bid and proposal funding.
Additional responsibilities include: collaborating with internal stakeholders, business development and operations team members, as well as customer leadership and external stakeholders; working collaboratively with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches; participating on or leading opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal and program reviews, and lessons learned activities; communicating status, resource needs, capture strategy, and recommendations to executive leadership; overseeing the proposal phase of the opportunity to ensure successful delivery to the client; contributing feedback and innovative ideas to the team in support of continuous improvement; and communicating and supporting the Leidos capture process for all opportunities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective collaboration and inclusive leadership skills
- Strong commercial acquisitions knowledge and experience working with different types of contracts, processes, and tools
- Experience with development of pricing strategies and coordination with finance team for cost and price development
- Demonstrated skills in areas relevant to business development including opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer and industry collaboration, and team leadership
- Demonstrated experience in capturing and winning business development opportunities with emphasis on opportunity qualification, stakeholder engagement, solution development, and proposal submission
- Familiarity with rigorous capture management, proposal development, and business development processes such as Shipley
- Proven record of success managing and winning capture efforts within the Security Detection market
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal
- Experience with the development of commercial proposals
- Experience working with international teams and willingness to work long hours and weekends, if required
- Familiarity with federal and civil contracting
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.