Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Windows Systems Engineer Lead?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Windows Systems Engineer Lead position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Windows Systems Engineer Lead will lead an elite team of IT professionals to maintain an optimal environment for critical customer systems. The Windows Systems Engineer Lead is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Windows systems and ensuring maximum availability, performance, and security for our DoD customer.
This program is slated to begin in August 2022. The Windows Systems Engineer Lead will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and maintenance and improvements of the customers’ Windows environment including event, incident, change, problem, and patch management.
• Oversee Windows Platform Operations for the customers’ environments (AWS).
• Direct a team of Windows Systems Engineers to ensure project success
• Provide all customer-facing aspects for Windows infrastructure operations across multiple production and non-production environments, major incident management, day-to-day operational support, and end-to-end customer relationship management. Includes all service management capabilities to ensure IT Operations is meeting KPI and SLA service level requirements across the environment.
• Lead the planning of new and existing IT modernization, expansion, replacement, configuration, and improvement projects.
• Lead collaboration and coordination with DOD customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other technical experts to synthesize solutions and perform server patching and maintenance.
• Contribute to proposal efforts for task orders by evaluating technical content, providing software, hardware and/or identifying the correct skills to support the systems engineering workload.
• Lead solution development and engineering in the Windows server platform functional service area.
• Lead the engineering of solutions that provide secure, effective, and efficient operation of systems, architecture, and topology.
• Perform analysis and hardening activities to address STIGs and mitigations.
• Work closely with Information Assurance to provide information for accreditation.
• Identify and brief/report status, risks, issues, and other pertinent details to management and the customer for consideration/tracking.
• Support the development and maintenance of processes, checklists, and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience with 2+ years team lead or supervisorial experience, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
• Hands-on experience in working with DoD programs.
• Ability to provide technical support and leadership for a complex AWS AD and Windows Server environments to include high availability and disaster recovery.
• System performance analysis, tuning, and troubleshooting experience including network, system, and hardware optimization for low latency.
• Strong process-oriented experience and demonstrated leadership
• Motivated self-starter with ability to lead and work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates, and program leadership.
• Strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
• Familiarity with AWS EC2, ALB, ELB, VPCs, security groups and an overall understanding of AWS cloud management
• US Citizen
● DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Experience working in large information technology enterprise environments.
• Experience developing system engineering (SE) artifacts in multiple systems maintenance and development paradigms and methodologies.
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator or Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification desired
• AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification desired
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.