Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Leidos has an opportunity for a Network Engineer to support a large ISR contract at Fort Meade Maryland The Network Engineer will provide direct support the the 70th ISR Wing at Fort Meade MD
As a Network Engineer you will manage Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN), including the planning, analysis, acquisition, design, development, implementation, quality assurance, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing, operational integrity, or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, or video formats, as well as design and monitor new complex network systems, configure and install network hardware or software, and maintain LAN operations. You will perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analyses complicated by novel problem and keep abreast of emerging technology to predict future network needs. The Network Engineer will participate in management discussions, meetings, committees, or special projects as we support and ensure security of the DoD network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain Juniper and Cisco switches, including switching and routing
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality alongside System Administrators
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Maintain and resolve fiber optic and network cable issues while maintaining NIPR/SIPR networks
- Solve network security and security configuration and ensure network devices meet security compliance standards
- Maintain and resolve Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) interoperability issues
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of network system fixes, upgrades and enhancements
- Perform feasibility studies on complex network systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems
- Follow the required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline and 15 + years of related experience OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline and 10 + years of related experience, additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Active TS/SCI with current Polygraph
- 5+ years of experience with Juniper networks, including switching and routing
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco networks, including switching and routing
- 4+ years of experience with network management applications
- 2+ years of experience with VMWare virtualization
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology
- Experience with SolarWinds and with Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Experience applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience deploying/utilizing Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Experience with PowerShell DHCP
- Knowledge of complex configuration management techniques and requirements appropriate to manage base level network systems
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- Experience with VMWare Component Protection (VMCP)
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate-Junos Certification (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist - Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-ENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.