Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Defense Group currently has a position for an Air Force DCGS Operations Center (DOC) Watch Officer Coordinator located at Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE) VA. This position is part of a large Military Intelligence Program supporting the USAF Air Combat Command’s (ACC) ISR mission.
The Watch Officer will provide senior leaders with recommendations regarding Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) planning, deployment, and operations.
- Verify initial mission allocation and change orders comply with AF DCGS and applicable AF, Combatant Command (CCMD) and Intelligence Community directives.
- Liaison with AF DCGS Enterprise and CCMD planners;
- Provide rapid and protracted analyses of current and future ISR platform and AF DCGS Analysis Exploitation Team (AET) operational trends; and rapidly respond to AF senior leader and DCGS stakeholder requests for information.
- Recommend watch officer training and scheduling options.
- Brief senior leaders on current ISR operations status and monthly/quarterly trends.
- Collaborate in real-time with multiple stakeholders to provide mission assurance during unscheduled outages, natural/manmade disaster, hazardous weather, and exercises; and update local emergency action plan checklists to ensure all Watch Officers are prepared for varied emergency response situations.
- Further develop and maintain the DOC Watch Officer Training Curriculum and reference materials; Job Qualification Standards (JQS); DOC Watch Officer Certification Board criteria and scenarios.
- Provide Watch Officer instruction in both classroom and operational environments.
- Provide military and civilian Watch Officers with continuous instruction, reference materials, and certification updates as policy, guidance and tactics, techniques, and procedure (TTP) changes occur.
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years OR an Associate’s Degree and ten (10) years of AF DCGS experience planning, exploiting and/or analyzing multi- ISR platform missions. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Completion certificate from a commercial, military or US government specialized intelligence career field (i.e., Geospatial or Signals Intelligence).
- Familiarity with multiple manned and unmanned ISR platform and sensor operating parameters, AF DCGS TTPs, and applicable DoD and IC directives.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications but specifically MS EXCEL, One Note, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- TS/SCI access eligibility on employment start date is required.
- Previous experience in AF-DCGS Mission Crew IMS, GMS, or MOC positions and / or experience with COMPASS or CHOAS ISR Mission Scheduling software are highly desired.
- Applicants must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively with AF DCGS stakeholders to develop time-sensitive ISR operational solutions and protracted analyses.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.