The Business Development Trade Show Coordinator supports the Business Development Organization’s efforts to execute Leidos corporate-supported trade shows.
This position partners with Strategic Account Executives in Corporate Customer Excellence, Group and Operations Business Development, Line Managers, Corporate Communications and Marketing, and Leidos Innovation Studio (LIS) staff to shape all Leidos trade shows and execute post-show follow-up actions. This person will help build and engage the workforce to foster strategic partnerships and long-term relationships, drive organizational effectiveness, and deliver measurable results.
- Participate in trade show planning with geographically distributed Leidos teams to ensure positive, cross-enterprise alignment with BD priorities and business objectives.
- Support SAEs and BD leads in defining theme, strategy, objectives, and customer interaction plans (including VIP invitations) for trade shows.
- Support Group Communications Directors and Group SVP-appointed Trade Show Leads to align high-level messaging/theme, objectives, key captures, and capabilities to appropriate Corporate & Group strategies.
- Work with Leidos senior executives, strategic account executives, business development professionals, operations managers, and technical experts to showcase Leidos developed technology, services, and solutions at trade shows.
- Coordinate overall Leidos attendance at trade shows to ensure participation is appropriate to support demonstration stations and customer meetings.
- Train trade show booth personnel to ensure consistent messaging, and approve attendance based on achievement of message proficiency.
- Maintain and execute corporate-wide responsibility for pre-show call plans, content development, executive briefings, on-site meetings, and post-show action lists and follow-ups.
- Partner with corporate trade show managers assigned by Corporate Communications & Marketing to coordinate and manage customer meetings at trade shows.
- Partner with corporate trade show managers assigned by Corporate Communications & Marketing to schedule, lead, and facilitate pre-show executive briefings, at least 60 days prior to the show, to include:
- Tier 1 – EVP BD or designate & SVP SAE
- Tier 2 & 3 – Group President or designate & Group BD SVP
- Work with corporate trade show managers and appointed BD and SAE leads, as appropriate, to facilitate technical dry runs at least 14 days prior to trade shows to ensure polished discussions and demonstration of Leidos capabilities at the shows, along with consistent, accurate, and compelling messaging.
- Help reinforce deadlines in support of corporate trade show managers and deliverables required by each show.
- Work with SAEs and Group BD SVPs to identify principal BD leads (Show Captains) and any additional required resources to support Tier 1 & 2 shows.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with Leidos leadership and internal customers to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful trade show.
- Schedule and coordinate post-show hotwash/debrief and assist in developing trade show executive summaries.
- Collect and disseminate follow-up action items and future business leads to SAEs and Group BD SVPs.
- Participate in Trade Show Council meetings and assist in selection of Tier 1 and Tier 2 trade shows and tracking of Tier 3 trade shows to ensure cross-enterprise alignment with the highest BD priorities.
- Liaise regularly with the Corporate Communications and Marketing team to ensure consistent messaging across markets.
- Report on trade show activities at SAE staff meetings; communicate potential capabilities/demonstrations and transition post-show customer requests for technical exchanges to the LIS for follow-on engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8+ years of related experience
- Experience supporting a wide variety of corporate customer marketing, trade show and business development requirements, complexity, and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers, colleagues, and senior executives
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities, and experience levels
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to leverage both internal and external resources to build marketing content and marketing activities
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on customer problem solving
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to assist technical and capture personnel
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of trade shows, marketing, and relevant customer engagement best practices
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and Teams (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of business development life cycle
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and information and make data-driven business decisions and/or recommendations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline
- Self-motivated but works well in group environment
- A hands-on approach to problem solving
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM) or other related certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.