The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to install, configure, support and maintain both hardware and software. Additionally, the Systems Administrator will coordinate directly with the IT team and customer management to establish IT support and maintenance priorities.
- Administer the customer's client-server configuration
- Maintain new and current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches
- Create, delete and modify user accounts; use active directory and manage group policy
- Configure and deploy Windows servers, Windows OS workstations, and client workstation software in a network domain environment through remote software deployment, patching, and upgrading
- Configure server roles, promote server roles such as domain controllers, configure RAID, and configure services provided from network servers.
- Install and update server software licensing
- Terminate Fiber Optic (ST-SC-LC) and CAT-6 cabling
- Provide procurement support to acquire software, software maintenance and hardware (not associated with enterprise software/hardware)
- Regularly employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions in order to achieve IT objectives
- Active TS/SCI with poly
- Requires 8 years of relevant experience and Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field. Work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Windows Server Update Servers (WSUS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Dell EMC Unity Storage
- Demonstrated experiencing managing and maintaining PC, server, laptop, and printer hardware
- Demonstrated experience applying efficient task management and ability to adjust to changing requirements
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Experience maintaining and configuring local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- Experience with ArcServe, Linux, and Unix
- Experience with Rubrik backup appliance
- Experience managing backup, disaster recovery, and high/continuous availability solutions for data
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.