Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as Help Desk Manager?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Help Desk Manager position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely.
This position is slated to start in August 2022. The Help Desk Manager will lead an ITIL-aligned service desk team consisting of Tier 1 Help
Desk Agents. The Help Desk Manger is responsible for facilitating daily communications with customers, developing a knowledge base of common processes, issues and remedies, and training team members on how to help customers troubleshoot problems.
• Provide helpdesk services and be the single point of contact for all Help desk related issues for both internal and external customers
• Managing the help desk team and evaluate performance
• Ensuring customer service is timely and accurate on a ticket basis
• Recruiting, training, and supporting help desk representatives and technicians
• Supervise and mentor a team of Help desk Agents to ensure continued professional development
• Diagnose and resolve technical and end-user problems in a customer service oriented, team environment
• Utilize ticket tracking system to track, document, and coordinate actions with members of the Information Technology support team
• Develop daily, weekly, and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
• Document Tier I assessments and/or remediation standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Interact with other team members and back office (Level II/III) personnel to determine corrective action
• Interim Department of DoD Secret clearance required to start; but must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of DoD Secret for continued employment
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in an IT Help Desk environment with managerial experience, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• ITIL Certification
• Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Team management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical and non-technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• US Citizenship required
• Prior experience leading helpdesk/service desk teams
• Experience with commercial cloud providers including AWS
• Experience with one or more enterprise ticket tracking systems (e.g., Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Jira Service Desk, Atlassian Confluence, ServiceNow and Microsoft Service Manger)
• Able to demonstrate understanding of SLA’s and KPI metrics.
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.