Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Senior Security Analyst?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Senior Security Analyst position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Sr. Security Analyst will work with an elite team of security professionals to monitor and maintain a secure environment for critical customer systems with attention on continuous improvement of the customer’s security posture.
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is seeking a Sr. Security Analyst who will provide senior level support of cybersecurity operations for a DOD customer. Duties will include Threat Hunting/Analysis, Security analysis, Incident Management, and process/technology improvements.
• Using security tools, perform monitoring and analysis of security events of interest to detect security risks and threats on the customer’s network
• Create and maintain incidents; support recovery activities; and incident analysis tasks, including examining all available information and supporting evidence or artifacts related to an incident or event.
• Provide recommendations and support mitigation and remediation of current threats to prevent future occurrence
• Work closely with other teams to drive the overall incident management process
• Support the identification, creation and refinement of the team’s security processes and procedures.
• Improve upon customer’s detection and response capabilities. Provide tuning and filtering recommendations to engineering team.
• Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams and present findings to management.
• Mentor and train other information security operations analysts
• Stay abreast of current threats and vulnerabilities, particularly those that may directly impact the customer.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience as a Security Analyst, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
• Knowledge in planning, directing, and managing security operations and incident management in a DoD environment with a thorough understanding of DoD policies, processes, and practices.
• High degree of competency in a SIEM environment (using tools such as Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight, NetWitness, LogRhythm, Tripwire, and similar technologies) to characterize and analyze system activity and network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network and information system resources
• Collect and analyze event information (including intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, host system logs, and other predictive or responsive threat metrics) and perform threat/ target analysis
• Knowledge of diverse operating systems, networking protocols, systems administration, and security technologies
• Knowledge of security auditing activities and supporting response and implementation of security controls/processes.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• DoD Secret Clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• GCIA, GCIH, CEH, CISSP, Splunk Certified Admin or Architect or AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification desired
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.