Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Tier 1 Help Desk agent?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Tier 1 Help Desk agent position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely.
This position is slated to begin August 2022. We are searching for a Tier 1 Help Desk agent responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls in support of a DOD customer. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
• Are part of the team delivering a professional and effective service desk capability, handling calls and contacts for incident resolution and request fulfilment within SLAs.
• Provide high quality communication to stakeholders at all levels, both written and verbal, that clearly explain key issues and events affecting the client’s services delivered.
• Ensure that Incidents and Service Requests are responded to and that customers are regularly kept up to date so that customers have confidence that their issues are being actively addressed.
• Escalate to 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineering Teams when appropriate to resolve more complex customer issues.
• Provide telephone support to customers in a professional, knowledgeable manner to maintain excellent customer relationships.
• Ensure all tickets are logged and assigned to the correct team.
• Proactively monitor Incidents for trends and potential Problem Records and highlight these to the Service Desk Manager in order to ensure the availability of the service.
• Update Service Desk documentation for new processes and procedures to share best practice and good ideas, reducing any duplication of effort.
• Produce both customer-facing and internal knowledge base documentation as required.
• Actively participate in Continual Service Improvement Activities to share their experience and knowledge and support service enhancement.
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• High School diploma and 1+ years of experience in a Service Desk/Call Center environment
• A good understanding of how IT works and the basic principles of modern information technology (cloud, infrastructure, networks, etc)
• Critical-Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
• Strong communications skills (written and verbal) to engage and support our customers.
• A strong work ethic and desire to learn and progress.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Current industry certifications fulfilling the DoD 8570 directive
• ITIL Foundation or CompTIA A+ certification desired
• Experience in working on a service desk dealing with incidents and requests in a multi customer environment with multiple partners triaging to 2nd and 3rd support tiers providing ITIL processes for our clients.
• Experience of utilizing ServiceNow ITSM tool
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.