Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Service Level Manager?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is seeking a highly motivated Service Level Manager out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Service Level Manager will support a variety of infrastructure management activities and practices with a team of highly motivated, technical individuals who work in a collegial, collaborative work environment providing Cloud support to our DoD customer. The Service Level Manager will support and be the customer advocate responsible for maintaining and continuously improving cloud-based infrastructure and software.
This position is slated to begin August 2022. The Service Level Manager will support and be the customer advocate responsible for maintaining and continuously improving cloud-based infrastructure and software. The Service Level Manager will oversee and handle employee issue concerning schedule, performance, time keeping and support for customer questions. Coordinate with the client teams to determine identify, track, and manage to SLA’s and KPI metrics, providing regular status. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical and non-technical instructions, issues and deal with several abstract and concrete variables providing regular communications to customer and project leads. The Service Level Manager will serve as a key interface with the customer in collecting data and establishing facts to be able to manage and maintain performance standards.
• Coordinate with the client teams to determine work requirements, schedule, resources, and execution plans.
• Complete work in accordance with all service level agreements, risk, compliance, and other relevant guidelines.
• Design, development, and implementation of knowledge management in an operational environment (i.e. specifically help desk).
• Communicate with the client and operations team regarding resource needs across projects.
• Drive clear and concise team communication and correspond accordingly with clients.
• Develop project plans and track and report on project status including risk escalation and mitigation.
• Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management, client teams, team leads and other stakeholders.
• Monitor project progress/intervention and problem solve with client teams, and tech leads appropriately
• Participate in incident and/or escalation management, helping to prioritize issues and resources, communicate to customers and teammates, and facilitate meaningful issue and risk discussions.
• Develop and deliver metric and progress reports according to contractually required SLAs.
• Design, development, and implementation of knowledge management strategies.
• Drive for continuous improvement and feedback at all levels of the organization.
• Follow standard processes within the SLM team and program to ensure consistency for clients and deliverables.
• Ensure Client and Internal SLAs are met and reported on based on contractual obligations.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in in IT infrastructure support with 2+ years operational supervisorial or managerial experience, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• ITIL Expert Certification
• Able to demonstrate ability to work independently with little to no management guidance.
• Knowledgeable in Project Management and Coordination.
• Familiar with the processes of continual improvement in the efficiency & effectiveness of the entire organization through the delivery of performance dashboards.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with infrastructure technology-– preferably cloud based operations.
• Experienced in Project Task Estimation, Resource Scheduling, Risk Management, Issue Management.
• Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical and non-technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• US Citizen
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable.
• Familiarity with cloud technology environments
• Experience with ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow
• Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP) desired
• AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification desired
• Manage and maintain performance standard to a diverse and varying workforce
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.