Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Knowledge Editor?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Knowledge Editor position located in Meridian, ID; Norfolk, VA or San Diego, CA with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Knowledge Editor will support processing service desk document feedbacks, conducting annual document reviews, making changes through the validation of the content by working with the subject matter experts (SMEs) and Service Desk Change Control Board (SCCB) as needed. The knowledge editor will also route agent feedbacks received to other groups as appropriate.
• Oversee or assist with Knowledge Management function.
• Monitor feedback mailbox, scrutinize feedback submissions for validity and coordinate feedback requests with Service Desk (SvD) Subject Matter Experts (SME)
• Process all mail sent to SvD KM Editor mailbox.
• Work with organization leadership, peers, and customers to review and improve editorial and visual standards for documents, and recommends new designs, layouts and procedures as needed.
• Edits, writes and/or rewrites documents, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences following NGEN Style Guide
• Communicate proposed changes with SCCB as needed.
• Arrange mass updates as necessary, ensure document reviews and approvals occur within the timelines.
• Manages the Knowledge Base to ensure that agents have the latest and most accurate information available.
• Liaises with various groups within the Enterprise to ensure that new processes and procedures are communicated clearly and are relevant at the appropriate levels.
• Prepare and present findings and materials to the leadership team.
• Assist in the implementation of new processes at a managerial and technical level, working with various groups to ensure ease of adherence and applicability.
• Keeps abreast of emerging topics and trends in order to support a high level of quality at the service desk through continuous improvement of processes.
• Full Secret Clearance
• US Citizenship required
• Excellent attention to detail
• Minimum of 2 years of college in a business management degree field or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and strong computer skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and relationship building skills.
• Technical aptitude and analytical skills, including the ability to understand technical concepts and then convert into clear easy to understand instructions
• Ability to work with technical writing and knowledge management tools
• Self-starter who can work independently or in a small team environment
• Creative problem solver delivering reliable results in a variety of areas including: communications, project management, reporting, and general managerial tasks
• Familiarity with Service Desk
• Familiarity with the SMIT contract
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.