The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is currently seeking a Lead System Architect to support multiple projects across the division. We need a strong candidate who has experience building and implementing model-drive, enterprise-level business solutions, expertise with all phases of software development, and the ability to create system architecture diagrams and documentation. Does this sound like you? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree and preferred 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with preferred 10–13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Pega Certified Senior System Architect (PCSSA) certification.
- 7 years of progressively responsible experience building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions.
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Expertise in all phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process-based applications
- Experience as a lead in implementing and administering on-premises and off-premises enterprise cloud solution architectures like AWS, Azure, and Red Hat.
- Experience with Connectors and Services in Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) to integrate with external systems
- Experience in creating/validating/maintaining Pega Operations Runbooks and/or Reference Guides.
- Experience with training team members and other stakeholders in Pega operations and administration.
- Documenting Pega Standards and Guardrails
- Ability to create system architecture diagrams and documentation for review by technical and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with customer daily
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills):
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Experience in project management, business/systems analysis, and quality control/assurance
- Ability to communication technical details in a matter that non-technical resources understand
- Experience with diverse platforms including Pega, Remedy ARS and ITSM, Microsoft technologies (including the .NET Framework, ASP and Visual Basic), Java and HP Asset Center
- Experience in systems integration, distributed environments, service-oriented architecture (SOA), pattern-based development, and rapid application development techniques
- Experience in PRPC 6.2, Pega 7, Pega 8.x is a plus
- Certifications in Customer Service System Architect, DCO Architect, System Architect, and BMC Remedy Certified Administrator is a plus
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Perform technical interviews of many candidates
- Assist with defining over-arching program architecture
- Serve as a technical advisor during user story development
- Assist business architects with establishing measurable and independently testable acceptance criteria for user stories
- Advise development team on determining scoring criteria
- Led adherence to established architectural standards
- Perform design reviews and established standard design document templates
- Perform code reviews with goal being to confirm compliance with coding standards, proper ruleset utilization and guardrail compliance
- Active participant in resource related decisioning
- Coach and mentor team members on my team and other teams across the work stream
- Engage project and program level management as a technical advisor
- Contribute to over-arching program deployment plan and schedule
- Deliver accurate release notes for each release into high environments
- Provide high level estimates of work effort
- Work with Pega Global Customer Service to provide mission critical product modifications necessary to deliver the solution
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.