The Marketing Specialist is an integral piece of sharing Hawai‘i Energy’s offerings with the public and ensuring consistent messaging and branding of the Hawai‘i Energy program. This person will primarily be responsible for planning, creating, and publishing marketing content on behalf of Hawai‘i Energy, with the goal of persuading businesses and residents to adopt energy-saving measures and utilize Hawai‘i Energy’s services. This is a position with room to grow and the opportunity for higher-level responsibilities based on performance.
This position is part of the Marketing & Communications team and will work closely with other Hawai‘i Energy departments to develop marketing content to reach a variety of business sectors and residents. Candidates should possess strong creative, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal), and be passionate about helping Hawai‘i achieve its clean energy goals. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment balancing several projects at once, and have a strong sense of team and collaborative spirit.
- Write, design, and publish various forms of marketing content for Hawai‘i Energy’s channels, including: monthly email newsletters, one-off promotional email messages, social media posts/stories, website copy, brochures, flyers, and more.
- Coordinate production of creative pieces for advertising partnerships, such as audio ad scripts, print articles, collateral, signage, digital ad artwork, and promotional items.
- Will involve working with a creative agency and outside vendors on production, obtaining quotes and ensuring proper delivery of items
- Monitor customer engagement with marketing materials and report regularly on results and lessons learned.
- Collect and produce customer testimonials – follow up with customers to capture quotes and photos and/or video, plus write copy to accompany visuals for email newsletters, social media and on the Hawai‘i Energy website.
- Attend regular discussions with project leads from across the organization to assess marketing support needs and develop materials based on findings.
- Serve as a marketing team liaison for Hawai‘i Energy’s Clean Energy Ally network by fulfilling marketing support requests, coordinating co-branding opportunities, and providing input on marketing-related benefits for high-performing contractors.
- Support Hawai‘i Energy’s participation in community outreach events, such as industry trade shows, conferences, retail store pop-ups, etc. Work with team members to coordinate staffing, logistics, payment processing, and preparing booth materials.
- Support multimedia team with capturing video and photos at Hawai‘i Energy events as needed.
- Serve as brand ambassador for Hawai‘i Energy, ensuring that all public-facing communications adhere to Hawai‘i Energy brand standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field
- 3-4 years of full-time work experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, community outreach and/or event planning.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (writing/creative samples may be requested), and excellent organizational skills with high attention to details.
- Expertise in managing email marketing campaigns using software such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, or the like.
- Solid experience with graphic editing and design using software such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator.
- Expertise in social media and digital video platforms, including social media analytics and scheduling.
- Knowledge of how to shoot and edit high-quality photos and video, including basic understanding of lighting, composition, and audio adjustments.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A strong commitment to Hawai‘i Energy’s mission and passion for energy, sustainability and community service work in Hawai‘i.
- A strong commitment to professionalism and upholding Hawai‘i Energy’s core values.
- Comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking will be required.
- Experience or interest in developing marketing content strategies, including message segmentation, setting engagement goals, and utilizing performance data to inform projects.
- Experience with basic website content management systems.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Basic understanding of Hawai‘i Energy program and energy issues in Hawai‘i.
About Hawai‘i Energy
For over a decade, Hawai‘i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. Our marketing & communications team is a group of dynamic, experienced professionals who provide fresh and effective ways to encourage the adoption of energy-saving equipment and behaviors, and educate the public on the importance of reducing energy waste. Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai‘i’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045, which has led to Hawai‘i Energy being named a two-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and one of Hawai‘i’s Best Places To Work® for five consecutive years.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.