The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions has a job opportunity for an experienced full-stack Application Developer with systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to provide Agile development, operation, and maintenance for mission-critical applications on a complex program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing vehicles, cargo, and travelers entering U.S. ports of entry (POEs).
The selected candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of software applications that integrate, monitor, and control security equipment deployed at our nation’s ports. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in software deployment across the software development lifecycle.
In this hands-on position, the candidate will work collaboratively to design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. The candidate will exercise judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. The candidate will participate in project deliverables through all aspects of the software development life cycle including work scope estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing, customer acceptance, and software delivery.
Applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments. Performs work that requires practical experience and training. The Application Developer, Journey must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with little/no supervision. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- US Citizen and must pass a CBP Background Investigation prior to start
- BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment and applying continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and SecDevOps practices.
- Experience implementing hybrid/multi cloud solutions
- Experience implementing and deploying containerized applications and supporting technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Konvoy)
- Fluent in MS programming languages (C#, .Net) and Java
- Experience integrating applications with AD for user authentication and implementing SSO
- Experience with RDMS (e.g., MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Proficient in the use of version control system (e.g., Git, GitHub, CVS, SVN)
- Self-starter who can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Mentor junior staff
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner/Architect or similar
- Experience with middleware technologies such as Kafka, IBM DataPower, IBM MQ, AMQ
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and serverless architectures
- Experience with CBP/DHS, their mission, and operating environments
- Active security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.