- The Database Architect is responsible for the architectural design and development of various portfolio databases for multiple applications.
- Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture team and assists in development of policies for standardizing systems, development tools and security practices.
- Coordinates with application architects to move entire (full stack) applications into the cloud.
- Design, model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Identifies requirements, researches options, designs and implements solutions at a leadership level for the application included in the portfolio
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk assessments.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- BS and 12+ years of experience in database design and development.
- 5 - 7 years experience with configuring and managing Oracle database.
- Expert level knowledge of all aspects of SQL.
- Experience in migration from on-prem data center to public cloud (AWS, Azure).
- Experience in decomposition of Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers to migrate to Postgress or MySQL
- Designs and implements the data extraction, data load, and database synchronization routines and functions. ETL.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for improvements to existing software regarding database performance, stability, usability and scalability.
- Defines and implements database security, audit, and resource allocation policies and procedures.
- Designs and implements viable database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and mechanisms.
- Monitors and optimizes database instance using database administration tools, SQL scripts, and database utilities
- Provides guidance and support for data encryption at rest and in transit
- Excellent communication and written skills
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Demonstrated experience developing models using Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Splunk dashboard configuration
- MarkLogic NoSQL
- AWS RDS Oracle
- AWS RDS Postgress
- AWS RDS MySQL
- AWS DynamoDB
- Knowledge of WebLogic
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized database vendor certification
- Active CBP BI
- CBP experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.