The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME). The work location is to be Ashburn, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Integrated Traveler Initiatives 2 (ITI2) Program for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). ITI2 will support CBP’s ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain, enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain, develop and deploy new technical solutions. These solutions are intended to satisfy ongoing requirements for traveler processing through land, sea, and air ports of entry, as well as through Border Patrol inspection checkpoints. In this mission we are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle new challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions for national security and flow of travel and commerce.
The Biometrics SME is responsible for biometrics design on the program, as well as operational performance of biometric systems. This key person will serve as the Leidos expert on the contract for biometrics. He/she will provide the advice, analysis, planning, direction, and coordination necessary to accomplish all biometrics-related work requirements and task orders and coordinate with other contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy related contract requirements.
The Biometrics SME will lead the solution development, and deployment of biometric systems and infrastructure for approximately 360 ports of entry and 39 Border Patrol checkpoints. This includes comprehensive analytical, engineering, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of related innovative solutions and professional services to sustain and modernize CBP/DHS legacy systems, protect biometric privacy, meet and exceed all cybersecurity requirements, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and related mission-support functions.
A background investigation (BI) based clearance is required.
The successful Biometrics SME shall:
- Serve as the Leidos principle biometrics engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of related solutions that enhance overall system mission performance, security and availability.
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of biometric solutions for the modernization of existing applications.
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to biometrics, sensors, systems, and processes.
- Provide technical knowledge, analysis, and systems design expertise.
- Provide advice on complex sensor integration and process flow matters that require expert-level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- U.S. Citizenship
- BA/BS and 12+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise solutions, some of which are biometrically enabled
- Demonstrated expertise in biometric systems, including requirements analysis, performance analysis and system design
- Familiarity with Agile development operations
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex hardware and software integrated solutions on a large program ($100M+)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or equivalent technical field with specific work experience in biometrics.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Certified Biometrics Professional (CBP)
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.