The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions has a job opportunity for an experienced full-stack Application Developer with systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to provide Agile development, operation, and maintenance for mission-critical applications on a complex program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing vehicles, cargo, and travelers entering U.S. ports of entry (POEs).
The selected candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of software applications that integrate, monitor, and control security equipment deployed at our nation’s ports.
In this hands-on position, the candidate will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. The candidate will exercise judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. The candidate will participate in and/or direct major project deliverables through all aspects of the software development life cycle including work scope estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing, customer acceptance, and software delivery.
The selected candidate will establish goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve the client and interfacing with senior management. Decision-making and domain knowledge will have a critical impact on overall project success. May supervise others.
The Senior Full Stack Application Developer will be responsible for leveraging customer approved technologies to develop applications. This individual is expected to be a subject matter expert with respect to software application development in an Agile environment, and application development trends, methodologies, and technologies. As a senior member of the team, the Senior Full Stack Developer:
- Helps mentor junior developers.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support ability and effectiveness analyzes.
The Senior Full Stack Developer must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must be able to pass a CBP Background Investigation prior to start
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience implementing NIST/DHS security controls required for systems categorized with HIGH-impact risk levels and to obtain and maintain authorization to operate (ATO).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment and applying continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and SecDevOps practices.
- Experience employing CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins) and DevOps Configuration Management Tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation) to automate the compile, build, test, and deployment of applications
- Experience implementing hybrid/multi cloud solutions
- Experience implementing and deploying containerized applications and supporting technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Konvoy)
- Fluent in MS programming languages (C#, .Net), and Java
- Experience integrating applications with AD for user authentication and implementing SSO
- Experience with RDMS (e.g., MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and deploying applications to commercial/government clouds.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter who can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner/Architect, DevOps, or similar
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as CISSP, or similar
- Experience with middleware technologies such as Kafka, IBM DataPower, IBM MQ, AMQ
- Experience with CBP/DHS, their mission, and operating environments
- Active Top Secret security clearance