The Leidos Defense Group seeks a Senior UX/UI Design Engineer to support the Innovations Team on our GSM-O II Program. As a key team member, you will work as part of a fast paced, Agile development and implementation team to architect, design and develop a unified User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) that provides a holistic single-pane-of-glass interface for an integrated solution. You will also work with operational end users and support teams to perform requirements analysis, as well as design, develop and demonstrate UI mockups and wireframes.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL to be considered.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Researching, designing and user-testing experiences and making strategic user-experience decisions while working closely with product owners, engineers and stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle.
- Conducting usability studies and proactively identifying and devising solutions for issues with the existing experience. Tracking success of experience focused changes and iterating as necessary to improve performance.
- Independently conducting UX research interviews, prototype reviews, surveys, and usability sessions.
- Mentoring teammates on UX concepts. Working with teammates and other disciplines to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions.
- Developing personas, user flows, scenarios, user stories, goal/task analysis, system workflows and other key tools of user-centered design that simplify and enhance the insights acquired from complex data analytics platforms.
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, and work collaboratively to create mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Applying the basics of visual design (i.e UI) principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory and demonstrate an understanding of visual, layout, content organization, and accessibility guidelines.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of UX/UI architecture, design, development and delivery experience. Strong documentation skills with a proven ability to develop architecture diagrams and wireframes.
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience designing, developing and deploying dashboards and reports.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira and Confluence to document requirements, acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with and convey focused messages to stakeholders, customers, domain experts, program managers and teammates.
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with data Visualization and dashboards
- Elastic/Kibana Certified Engineer.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying dashboards and reports using the Elastic stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats.
- Experience with Elastic stack security features, such as client authentication, SSL/TLS configuration, and role-based document filtering.
- Experience developing, building and deploying software using Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience with containers orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Domain experience with network data.
- Experience with big data applications.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying solutions using DevOps/DevSecOps concepts.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.