1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Patching/Vulnerability Administrator to support our Blacksburg Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. This is a great opportunity to work with an elite team of vulnerability professionals to maintain a secure environment for critical systems. Bring your own experience and work with our team to teach and learn while keeping systems patched and vulnerabilities remediated.
• Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure Windows & Linux endpoints and hosted databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
• Remediate vulnerabilities using BigFix, SCCM, scripting and other tools.
• Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life-cycle
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
• Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams
• Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience or Associates degree and 6+ years of experience in Vulnerability Management, able to offer conceptual knowledge as well as practical application.
• Prior experience with patch and remediation tools such as BigFix, SCCM, Tanium, etc.
• Knowledgeable in Linux and/or Windows server management skills, with a desire to learn deeper Linux and Windows administration.
• Understanding PowerShell and bash scripting
• Exposed to TCP/IP and other basic networking, with a desire to learn deeper networking skills
• Exposed to Python or other similar programming languages, and a desire to learn Python skills
• A US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.