The Senior Active Directory Engineer provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. Resolves and appropriately completes assigned tasks and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. Implements new software solutions as required by the business. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Certificate Services, policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
Job Description and Duties
- Enterprise-level support for Active Directory for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for directory services environment.
- Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application, or system problems.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third-party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Provide training as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active Directory architecture and management [expert-level]
- Expert knowledge in creating, administering, and troubleshooting Group Policies (GPOs) [expert-level]
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, SSO [expert-level]
- PKI, PIV cards, Smart Cards [expert-level]
- Windows Certificates Services Management [expert-level]
- Distributed File System including both DFS-N, and DFS-R [expert-level]
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2012 R2 to 2019) [mid-level]
- Azure Active Directory and Azure AD Connect [mid-level]
- Develops security standards and controls per DISA STIGS and CISA requirements [mid-level]
- VMware vSphere and Hyper-V Virtualization [mid-level]
- Scripting Experience: PowerShell and VBScript [mid-level]
- Windows Failover Clustering [mid-level]
- Windows file shares and security administration [mid-level]
- Windows Failover Clustering [mid-level]
Education and Certifications
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019 Administration (MCSE, MCITP certification)
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, and computer related discipline
- 8+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and
the ability to obtain a public trust
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.