Governance & Data Officer
Join a team committed to a Mission!
We are in search of a Governance & Data Officer to join the team.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- The Governance and Data Officer role assists the Governance and Data Manager by providing data and reporting (to all levels) to enable more effective and compliant purchasing, and faster decision making
- The role will also support resolution of invoice queries, and other activities required to support contractual compliance for Leidos Supply Ltd
- The key accountability of the role is to support the production, validation, socialisation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual MI returns in line with contract requirements, as well as production and development of internal BI and reporting
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Governance and Data Manager in all aspects of MI submission and ad hoc reporting
- Supports and ensures timely submission of (in line with contract requirements) monthly, quarterly and annual MI returns for LSL
- Socialises LSL MI requirements with the wider LSL team, ensuring that team members understand the requirements and their role in submission
- Ensure the accuracy of, and update in line with agreed SLAs, the ‘COGENT’ report
- Ensure accuracy of data used to produce LSL/CSS management reporting, and investigate/cleanse/rectify as required
- Respond quickly and accurately to ad hoc requests for data and/or reporting to support effective LSL/CSS operations
- Produce data insights / analysis based on existing data and for ad hoc requests
- Work with Commercial/Procurement/IT/relevant functions to understand and resolve data integrity issues
- Work with Commercial/Procurement/IT/relevant functions to understand reporting requirements and enhancements required to improve effectiveness;
- Inputs into the creation, and creates, policies, processes and templates for LSL MI completion
- Responsible for resolution of supplier invoice queries, alongside the Supplier Compliance Officer
- Supports internal and external audit activity for LSL, including follow-up of recommendations and incorporation of best practice into LSL processes, policies and procedures in line with continuous improvement
- Supports management of the LSL Data Room, ensuring that all areas are kept updated in line with the contractual obligations outlined in Schedule 39a of the LCST Contract
- Supports the Governance and Data Manager and the rest of the PGD team to deliver continuous improvements to all LSL processes and develop new processes where identified
- Adopt a culture of ‘continuous improvement’ to examine current reporting practices and data integrity with rigour, and proactively suggest improvements
What Sets You Apart:
- GCE ‘O’ Levels or GCSE (grades A-C) in English and Mathematics
- Essential : Experience in producing and analysing business reporting and management information
- Experience in using data to respond to ad hoc business requests; high competence in use of MS EXCEL
You Might Also Have:
- A-Levels (grades A-C)
- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (or willingness to work towards qualification and full membership, if agreed);
- Some knowledge of EU Procurement Regulations, and working with Procurement teams to analyse tender responses and producing data to support (or willingness to develop in this area)
- Knowledge of MOD legacy systems and reporting protocols
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.