The Applied Research Division (ARD) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sensor Solutions Architect to lead a team of engineers spanning mission analysis, sensor analysis and trades, and sensor/platform interfaces to develop and integrate next generation, aerial and/or sensor systems and software. Locations include Arlington, VA, Dayton, OH, or Ann Arbor, MI. This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of mission spaces and applications.
Fun challenges you will face in this role:
- Provide research direction and project leadership, using knowledge of ISR systems and operations, in projects ranging from unmanned aerial systems to innumerable sensors, platforms, and processing systems operating in military environments
- Direct cross-disciplinary efforts to develop advanced autonomous solutions based on open systems architectures that address a broad range of mission requirements
- Work closely with customers, understanding emerging customer requirements, providing strong thought leadership on behalf of Leidos that helps focus and shape new programs and new concepts, and effectively describing innovative solutions
- Leverage a range of techniques in developing these solutions, including modeling and simulation, machine learning, human-machine teaming, and model-based systems engineering
- Provide technical guidance or leadership to a dynamic team of researchers, developers, and industry and academic partners with diverse technical skills and background across multiple CONUS locations to develop innovative solutions
- Enable business growth by successful technical execution, innovation and customer engagement
- Lead and support proposal capture and development activities
This is you:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive technical experience with 17+ years of experience
- Must have a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of ISR systems and operations, ranging from unmanned aerial systems to innumerable sensors, platforms, and processing systems operating in military environments
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them
- Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects
- TS/SCI clearance
- Familiarity with Open Architectures and Systems of Systems Technologies
- Experience in a variety of sensor phenomenologies (EO/IR, EW, Radar, MTI, fusion, MOSA, etc.)
- Familiarity with aerial systems, data analytics, cyber defense, human-machine interaction, and efficiency-related technologies, with focus on DoD perception, artificial intelligence, and robotics R&D
- Experience with developing autonomy for platforms intended to operate in complex environments with special consideration for adversarial behaviors
- Experience developing metrics, standards, methodologies, and approaches for TEV&V, including modeling & simulation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.