The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Clinical Subject Matter Expert to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Creating training content for various audiences. (CMS Staff-both clinical and nonclinical, medical providers, CMS medical review contractors)
- Creating and updating project-related documentation such as, job aids, special reports, or any other deliverables or documents
- Directing the development and implementation of educational training (eLearning) programs to improve the expertise of a health care workforce
- Delivering educational trainings based on adult education learning principles, and stays abreast on the best practices for adult learning
- Developing and revising content for healthcare related training courses, and prepares appropriate training materials
- Executing change management initiatives to develop future training (leaning) modules
- Translating clinical information into discernible formats to be used by both clinical and non - clinical personnel
Education and Experience:
- The Clinical SME shall possess a minimum of five years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, and/or an office/clinic-based medical practice. Knowledge of the Medicare program, particularly the coverage and payment rules, and experience in the analysis and processing of Medicare claims and clinical review judgment is desired but not required. Experience with incorporating training (eLearning) technologies and platforms to offer flexible learning options for employees, as well as excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and models
- Experience: Registered nurse (RN) who has background in CMS policies, medical review, and is also a clinical educator. A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a nurse educator focus preferred or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution plus five (5) additional years of related work experience in lieu of a master’s degree with experience in clinical training.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.