Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are seeking a Proposal Coordinator to join our remote team. This work will involve a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technically-oriented national laboratory team, participation alongside other data scientists, engineers, geologists, and computer scientists that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges. From developing creative innovations and efficient energy systems, to advancing technologies that enhance oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, the National Energy Technology Laboratory’s (NETL) research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly skilled women and men at NETL’s three research sites – Albany, Oregon; Morgantown, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE’s mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States.
Come join the Leidos Research Support Team supporting NETL’s pursuit of reimbursable work, enabling funding and research growth within the Research and Innovation Center (RIC). You will be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities for expanding funding sources (e.g., non-FE DOE, other federal or government agencies, CRADA partners, private-sector organizations) across NETL but especially RIC. This work includes close collaboration with the NETL client around pre-award development, including budget creation and proposal submissions. Collaboration with post-award team members will be required. Explore the Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) here - https://netl.doe.gov/
- Assisting in identifying and providing information on funding opportunities to NETL personnel (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, BAAs, DOE Lab Calls, SERDP and other Federal Agency solicitations, etc.)
- Directing and/or participating in all aspects of proposal preparation including creating templates and collecting boilerplate materials (e.g., facility/equipment descriptions, NETL overview, resumes), developing budgets, ensuring compliance with funding opportunity requirements, handling the receipt of deliverables from NETL and any teaming universities/organizations, envisioning graphics, reviewing and editing content, and assembling final documents
- Working with NETL researchers to develop comprehensive multi-organizational proposal budgets including completing complex budget forms required by the funding organizations and preparing Field Work Proposals
- Developing and maintaining proposal schedules with NETL researchers and external teaming partners including small and large businesses, universities, and other national laboratories
- Coordinating technical, quality, and management review teams to strengthen the proposal and ensure compliance with funding opportunity and applicable government rules and regulations
- Performing quality reviews of proposal packages to confirm requirements have been met, as well as ensure overall document consistency, quality, and accuracy
- Submitting electronic proposal packages by due date
- Collecting, tracking, and analyzing submitted proposal data; preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and developing custom reports for NETL upon request; developing reporting tools that assist NETL in managing reimbursable work efforts and pursuits
- Developing training seminars and other programs or materials to educate staff on the logistics and strategies of pursuing reimbursable work
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) or business and 5+ years of professional proposal experience.
- Experience in coordinating the development of grants/proposals for sponsored research
- Experience working in a university, national laboratory, or federal research and development environment
- Experience in reviewing complex solicitations (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, RFIs, BAAs)
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as this fast-paced position requires extensive interface with all levels of the federal client and potential collaborative partners
- Excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems and respond to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Experience in engineering or technical research and technology commercialization
- Financial experience developing budgets for government proposals, including in-depth knowledge of finance ethics and accounting practices
- Possess understanding of Bayh-Dole Act, copyright and patent licensing, intellectual property management, sponsored research, and technology commercialization.
Program Specific Salary Range: $85K to $105K
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.