Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are seeking an Senior Business Development Specialist to join our remote team. This work will involve a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technically-oriented national laboratory team, participation alongside other data scientists, engineers, geologists, and computer scientists that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges. From developing creative innovations and efficient energy systems, to advancing technologies that enhance oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly skilled women and men at NETL’s three research sites – Albany, Oregon; Morgantown, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE’s mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States.
Come join the Leidos Research Support Team supporting NETL, where you’ll identify and plan for forthcoming external funding opportunities, secure strategic partners, position NETL to effectively pursue these opportunities, and help NETL prioritize opportunities that compete for Laboratory resources. Under the direction of NETL staff, this role may work with government organizations, companies, universities, other national laboratories, and organizations in the public sector to forge and implement a proactive and consistent leveraged partnered development effort consistent with the Research and Innovation Center’s mission and role within NETL. Explore the Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) here - https://netl.doe.gov/
- Learn and then leverage an in-depth knowledge of Lab’s research capabilities, services, facilities, and communicate them through compelling value propositions.
- Research government organizations to gain anticipated funded opportunities and identify key points of contacts within these organizations and technology areas relevant to NETL’s work
- Research markets and then map the lab’s strengths and service offerings to potential partner/customer needs. Follow industry trends and adjust plans as needed.
- Assist in identifying and providing information on funding opportunities to NETL personnel (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, BAAs, DOE Lab Calls, SERDP and other Federal Agency solicitations, etc.)
- Coordinate and/or perform technical, quality, and management reviews to strengthen proposals and ensure compliance with funding opportunity and applicable government rules and regulations
- Work with the Leidos Research Support Team (LRST) staff to create and then continually improve business development and proposal management processes.
- Support Lab account managers to create, manage, and expand relationships, and then help retain relationships with new and existing partners and clients.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams (Leidos, NETL) and external partners and clients to effectively respond to opportunities.
- Work directly with the national laboratory’s researchers and their teams in partnership endeavors, with the ability to communicate technology transfer and proposals processes
- Support NETL researchers in prioritizing externally funded opportunities and develop integrated proposal teams with external organizations.
- Self-motivate and motivate teams to develop growth plans to increase client and partner base.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 8+ years of professional experience in corporate, university, and/or startup environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as this position requires extensive interface with all levels of the federal client and potential collaborative partners.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills, attention to detail, and ability to quickly respond to inquiries.
- Experience working to and exceeding targets.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in a technical field or graduate business/executive certificate preferred.
- Proven experience in technical marketing, business development, proposal management, entrepreneurial training, and technology commercialization.
- General understanding of Bayh-Dole Act, copyright and patent licensing, intellectual property management, sponsored research, and technology commercialization.
Program Specific Salary Range: $100K - $120K
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.