The COMSEC Custodian on the SENS3 program performs the following duties:
- Adheres to the customer’s COMSEC policies and procedures and ensures user compliance of said requirements
- Configures and installs crypto hardware; troubleshoots issues as they arise, providing quick resolution to diminish user downtime
- Maintains the health and wellness of crypto devices currently in operations, minimizing downtime to users during operational maintenance periods
- Maintains and protects keying and other COMSEC materials o Updates keying material per customer designated timeframes
- Documents and tracks all devices and materials across multiple accounts and multiple systems
- Demonstrates accountability of all devices and materials during yearly audits
- Provides COMSEC Custodian training to teammates and stakeholders
- Coordinates with Customers, teammates, and users to maintain compliance with all security standards and maintain deployment schedules
- Collaborates, supports, and offers advice to the customer in technical matters related to the organization’s overall mission
- Requires a BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of current crypto devices/methods as well as COMSEC principles and practices
- Ability to implement processes and maintain administrative documentation
- Knowledge and basic understanding of network transport devices that are attached to the encryption devices (examples: routers, switches, firewalls)
- Knowledge and basic understanding of information security practices and devices
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in team environments
- Experience in network and network security design where under general direction, manages the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, and datacenter equipment
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems o Implemented innovative ideas to solve customer challenges
- IT Certifications such as A+, CCNA, CCNP, Security +, CISSP, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.