Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Project Scheduler to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position the employee will develop and manage project technical schedules for the NASA EVA and Human Surface Mobility Program in support of NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station (ISS) and Artemis Programs.
- Support a highly skilled project team directly contributing to the NASA EVA and Human Surface Mobility Program mission to execute safe EVAs throughout the life of the ISS and to develop EVA and Surface Mobility systems for Artemis to provide crew exploration capability on the Moon
- Interact with NASA contractor/technical leads and project management personnel to develop and maintain technical schedules
- Conduct schedule analysis and assessments to ensure schedules are structured properly with complete network logic that are capable of reporting critical path(s)
- Development of the integrated schedule based on project life cycle events
- Analyze the initial project schedule for critical path identification and select high level milestone for management level tracking
- Track schedule progress and develop custom reports/metrics
- Provide guidance and recommendations on schedule workarounds and recovery plans that enable effective decision making
- Attend key project meetings, reviews, and present schedule status/metrics
- Perform Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA) and provide guidance and recommendations to NASA management
- Conduct cost and schedule integration, ensuring budget and resource requirements for programs/projects are achievable; Assess the impacts resulting from changes to project cost, schedule, or technical baselines
- Perform all other assigned duties
- Requires BS degree and at least 4 years of experience with scheduling principles and practices as well as working familiarity with aerospace hardware development processes.
- Excellent data gathering, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand technical concepts and designs and relate them to schedule inputs and impacts
- Ability to create and analyze integrated master schedules (IMS)
- Experience with Milestones Professional desirable
- Prior experience developing resource loaded schedules
- PMI-SP Certification or equivalent
- Schedule analytics experience
- Experience with very large, complex project schedules
- Experience working in Human Space Flight programs
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to length investigation for non-U.S. persons.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.