The Defense Group of Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Field/Base Communications Network Engineer to support efforts for the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) portion of the Next Generation Enterprise Network Re-compete (NGEN-R) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract.
SMIT is the Navy’s largest IT services program valued up to $7.7 billion over 8 years. The Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the NMCI, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, end user support, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Position involves extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls and configuration.
Candidates for this position are highly motivated and have working knowledge of network operations, fault diagnosis, repair, installation, configuration, cabling, passive infrastructure, troubleshooting, project execution, and COMSEC Operations, as well as the ability to follow detailed policies and procedures. The ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced and mission-focused environment is a must.
- Works as an Operations-focused Network Engineer on a team responsible for BAN/LAN/WAN Network Operations, troubleshooting, repair, installation, cabling, configuration, implementation, and integration of current and future NGEN-R network architectures as per approved processes and procedures
- Provides COMSEC Local Element support to assigned locations, which includes managing COMSEC hardware/software assets and key inventories, loading keys into Encryption devices, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, upgrading, removing/replacing faulty equipment, interacting with the Government KOAMs and following prescribed procedures and processes related to COMSEC
- Documents work activities/details per established tools and processes; maintains accurate site documentation
- Initiates software upgrades and changes to the NGEN-R system and communications infrastructure as prescribed by Domain Architects, Design and Configuration Teams
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and removal/replacement of faulty hardware using SOPs, TTPs, work instructions, vendor guidance, and other documented processes and procedures
- Interfaces with the Network Operations Center (NOC) as required in support of incident troubleshooting and restoral
- Supports network configuration/asset management activities, manages configuration drift, and accurately creates or modifies network documentation to reflect the as-is and/or to-be environment
- Supports Cybersecurity requirements and implementation of security controls (STIG compliance)
- Coordinates network upgrades and planned maintenance activities with NGEN-R Program and customer stakeholders
- Performs monitoring (health and status) of network systems and proactively identifies potential issues before they impact users; recommends and/or applies corrective actions to mitigate network issues
- Position may require local area and/or overnight travel by car or air to assigned locations to conduct operations focused activities i.e. break/fix, COMSEC support, etc...
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of overall related experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree at the hiring Manager’s discretion)
- Ability to travel up to 25% including possible OCONUS travel
- Must currently possess an active Secret clearance
- Must have current IAT Level II Certification: Comp TIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security
- Must have current Network Vendor Associate Level Certification is required (i.e. Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, etc…)
- Ability to be scheduled to work, or be called in to work during off hours and weekends to meet customer mission support requirements
- 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting complex routing and switching issues
- 5+ years’ experience configuring switches, routers, network appliances, WAN acceleration devices
- Experience with multiple vendor routing, switching or wireless product lines
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP network/subnet addressing
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment
- Customer service experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- MPLS experience
- DevOps, CI/CD experience
- Scripting experience (i.e. Python, etc…)
- Automation experience (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc…)
- SDN/SD WAN experience
- Professional or Expert level vendor certifications
- ITIL certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.