Fantastic opportunity to join our winning team in the Intelligence Group! We are seeking an experienced Business Development Operations Director. This person will be responsible for leading all BD operation activities for the $3B Intel Group.
This position will report to the SVP for Business Development and Strategy for the Intelligence Group. In this role, you are expected to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, understand prioritization, perform with a high-level of attention to detail, and handle multiple simultaneous tasks. You will lead a small team responsible for supporting BD personnel as they strive to achieve BD goals.
The candidate will oversee all day-to-day BD operations and ensure BD metrics are proactively tracked and addressed at the group level. This includes corporate reporting, tracking and forecasting of new business funds, and coordination of BD actions, recurring and adhoc. You will coordinate with our five Intel Operations BD VPs and their teams to ensure consistency in reporting, proactively identify and solve issues, offer contextual support, BD process expertise, and content advice that allows them to present and win their top opportunities effectively and efficiently.
The Business Development Operations Director will track and report on overhead costs, B&P, and marketing budgets. You will work with the SVP to establish the B&P and marketing boundaries, reflecting both a bottoms up and top-down approach. This position provides mentoring and guidance to Ops BD&S VPs and capture managers on effective use of budgets. The tracking and reporting performed by this position will be used to proactively identify spend issues with specific captures, across segment, or in general.
The Business Development Operations Director will implement initiatives to improve capture support in Intel by helping capture teams and BD resources focus on content and strategy to increase the probability of win for key opportunities. This support includes coordination with CO&E, facilitating Win Plan and associated capture training across the operations, reviewing win themes and discriminators for validity for top opportunities, identifying gaps and initiatives to leverage capture resources and engagement across the group, and helping to orchestrate enhancements to processes and procedures that can increase the overall win rate for the Group. This position schedules, tracks, and orchestrates Group and Corporate gate reviews, priority/top opportunities, collaboration sessions, color reviews, etc. are to allow decision makers to review and provide direction to the capture teams.
The Business Development Operations Director will also lead the development of corporate briefing materials and responses for the SVP BD and Strategy. This includes ELT briefings, Deep Dives, Quarterly Business Reviews, budget updates, All Hands, Gate Reviews, Closest-to-the-Pin updates, etc.
- Monitor new business funds, closest to the pin, and other metrics for the SVP and VP of Business Development for Intel Group
- Support the Group SVP in achieving overall BD and capture activities and business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth
- Oversee the execution of all planning and review activities, to include opportunity updates to the SVP, collaboration sessions, gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, color reviews, and all weekly and monthly reporting
- Ensure operations follow the Gate Review Process
- Ensure all Group and Operations BD actions are tracked and ensure proper closure
- Identify areas for process improvements and improved maximum use of tools within Operations (such as metrics, dashboards, reports, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related experience
- Experience in leading or executing captures and proposals OR business development and customer relationship management
- Experience navigating the gate review process as a business developer, capture manager, or proposal manager
- Experience working with an Intel customer within a line element that translates to an understanding of the customer and their needs
- Ability to understand and apply market data to assist in the definition of Group level strategic growth objectives, and monitor progress against achievement of the Group objectives
- Experience tracking, analyzing, and visualizing budgets
- Ability to use automated tools to present ideas, information, and reports
- WinIt experience to track opportunities and manage pipeline, and PowerBI to visualize data
- Must have or be able to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- PowerPoint and Excel must be strengths
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute tasks across a wide range of priorities
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Understanding of how Leidos competes and differentiates itself from its competitors
- Experience with Intel Community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.